The AEC Business awards recognize Africa’s most dynamic businesses and business leaders who share a commitment to professional excellence, business growth and the community. Finalists will be recognized and the winner in each category will be announced during Africa Entrepreneur Conference and at awards ceremony. Finalists and winners will also be highlighted in AEC event publication.
-Entrepreneur Of The Year
-Start-up Entrepreneur Of The Year
-Women Entrepreneur Of The Year
-Disrupter Of The Year
-The Business Of The Year
1. Nominations must be submitted online at
2. A statement from business management, customers, employees or others familiar to the nominee can be helpful to the judges.
3. Nominees will be contacted and asked to submit a nomination portfolio consisting of supporting materials.
4. Self-nomination is permitted
Entrepreneur Of The Year Award Criteria
1. The Entrepreneur must be founder of the business, or have been critical to its growth.
2. The Entrepreneur must be based in Africa and be in business for at least 5 years.
3. The company should demonstrate profitability.
4. The company should demonstrate significant growth and long-term potential.
5. The company should demonstrate innovative employee programs and corporate culture.
6. The Entrepreneur should demonstrate the ability to overcome adversity.
7. The Entrepreneur should note contributions to the community through charitable or leadership role.
Women Entrepreneur Of The Year
This category has created to recognize the immense importance of encouraging more women into business.
This award will be presented to a woman in business and has contributed to the success of her business
Start-Up Entrepreneur Of The Year
This award will be presented to a recently established startup (1 to 3 years). The recipient will clearly demonstrate innovation within his/her business.
Disruptor Of The Year Award
This award will be presented for innovation and leadership and the winner will demonstrate aptitude and passion in the technology field.
The Business Of The Year
This award will be given to the business which has demonstrated outstanding growth and achievement in the last year.
-This is open to dynamic growing businesses within Africa that are standard bearer for success within the continent.
-Entrants must demonstrate outstanding achievement in all areas of their business.
-This award is one of the highest accolades and will be presented to the business most able to demonstrate all-round achievement, a clear vision for the future, success against objectives, sustained growth and be a standard bearer for success in the African continent